Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bailey's Baptism

Last weekend, I flew to Michigan to celebrate the baptism of Kurt & Joie's youngest daughter, Bailey.  Chris & I are the godparents of Bailey's older sister, Avari, so I went as the Team Huntley representative.  I am swamped with school work, so I can not give this post the attention it deserves, but I'm afraid if I postpone writing it, it will never get written!
I flew out on Saturday morning, and returned home Monday night.  A quick trip, but absolutely lovely.  I stayed with Kurt's family and they were beyond gracious...felt like a member of the family.  Saturday night was dinner and a hockey game, Sunday was baptism and party, and Monday was traveling day.  It was an odd experience to be by myself for so long, and I tried to take advantage of it.  I adore my girls, but the ability to sit for extended periods of time and have adult conversations or read a book was quite refreshing.  And I loved getting to hang out with Kurt, Joie, Avari, & Bailey.  I hate that we are now a 4 hour plane ride away from each other instead of a 4 hour car ride.  Also had a great time with Bailey's godparents, Debbie & Chris.  We got along as though we've known each other forever.

Debbie & Chris with Bailey

Precious Bailey

The Hauschild Family of Four
Upon getting home, I walked into a spotless house. Chris & the girls were at swim lessons, and he had cleaned the whole place for me. It was so nice, but I have to admit I was almost mad at him for making it look easy...until he fell asleep at 8:45pm that night after making me promise to never leave again. :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

How special that you got to be there for her baptism. So sweet. And Chris cleaning your whole apartment just melts my heart. What a great hubby! Plus, I am sure it makes him appreciate you even more.