In Austin, Laura, Makinley, Delilah and I were inseparable. We still miss them soooo much. So you can imagine how excited I was to get a text from Laura saying that she & 'kinley would be joining Scott on a business trip to NYC!!!! It was a very quick trip, but we packed in as much fun as we could. Laura & 'kinley came over in the morning while Red was at school. (Btw, 'kinley is all Delilah will call Makinley; if you say Makinley, Delilah corrects you and says "No! It's 'kinley!"). Luckily, it happened to be a day that school got out early, so we all got to walk over and pick Red up at 11:30! We came back to the apt, ate pizza, and hung out while Noelle napped. The girls picked up right where they left off...just like they always do.
Then we headed to Central Park! It's across the street from Red's school, and Chris & I had our first parent/teacher conference, so Laura watched all 3 girls while we had our conference. When I first asked Laura to watch the girls, I apologized for being so rude to leave her with the girls when she was visiting for such a short time. She said that it wasn't rude at all and that she actually thought it was sweet...that it was just like when we lived around the corner from each other. Melted my heart...you are so dear to me, Laura! (and side note about the parent/teacher conference: it was glowing! The teacher said Delilah was ready to be pushed more. She said that Red was a fabulous student and that if her whole class was full of Delilahs, her job would be unbelievably easy. Delilah stays on task, is curious, participates, plays well with others, and helps kids who are struggling. An exact quote was: "If I had to think of something negative to say about Delilah, I would be here for days". Great job, little Red!!!)
We also made our way to Times Square and the Disney Store!!!
Finally, we finished with dinner at Shake Shack. Not the trendiest of NYC dinner destinations, but it was close and it had no wait and it's one of Delilah's favorite places (the milkshakes!). Scott met us for dinner and brought some Longhorn cupcakes. This may be the only time you see burnt orange around my kids. :)
And we end with a pic Delilah snapped of Laura and me in Times Square. I love you, precious friend.
Thank you for coming to play!!!!!
Friday, November 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Perfection - what a great day! It's good for the heart!
Looks like the best visit ever!
We already miss ya'll so much! Thanks for being such fun hostesses! We love you!
Post a Comment