Chris and I have been talking about future plans, and realizing that we probably won't be in Manhattan any longer than one more year. We love this city, but it is time for backyards and dogs. Just ask Delilah: we were walking on the street one day and she told me that there were too many people in New York City. She also asks continually to move so we can have...you guessed it...a backyard and a dog.
Since this might be our last full summer in NYC, I decided we should make the most of it. I didn't want to look back on our time here and regret not doing things. So almost every Tuesday, the girls and I set out to do something in the city that a tourist might do. Oh my goodness, did we have fun. Here are all the Tuesdays... (yes, the post says July because that's when I started it. But it is now actually October, so I can post all of the summer Tuesdays). :)
Our first one was a doozy: a walk around The Plaza (from the Eloise books), then FAO Schwartz (where I told them they could each pick out one thing under $20), then the famous frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity. Heaven!
We also went to kids' concerts in Madison Square Park, playgrounds by the Hudson River, museums, etc. I didn't take pictures of every place, but here are some highlights.
 |
| They LOVED the concert!!! |
 |
| Happy face! |
 |
| Sometimes the heat and the music and the beer get to you... |
 |
| They had a raffle to win the band's DVD and Delilah wanted to win SOOO badly. I told her that since hundreds of people were there, that it was very unlikely. Guess who proved me wrong... |
 |
| Pier playground |
 |
| Delilah snapped this pic of Noelle with my phone. Then told me to put it in black & white because, "It just looks cooler that way, Mom." I am OBSESSED with this picture |
At the end of August, Noelle started going to "school" two days a week. Delilah hadn't started her school yet so I decided to do one last Tourist Tuesday with just Red. We went to Victorian Gardens...it's an ice skating rink in Central Park that gets turned into a carnival for the summer months. We had the most incredible time together. We went on every ride at least once, climbed on rocks on the way out of the park, and Red nodded off on the bus ride home. By the time we got back to our apartment, Delilah was covered in a mix of popsicle juice, bloody scrapes, and drool. Not a bad way to say good-bye to summer! She kept looking at me and saying, "This is more incredible than I even imagined".
I am so glad we did Tourist Tuesdays. It wasn't always easy, but it was definitely worth it. Saw new parts of Manhattan and had something to look forward to every week. Love my girls.
2 comments:
What fantastic memories! Now I am craving that frozen hot chocolate! Yum!
Thumbs up! And...I love Serendipity frozen hot chocolate.
Post a Comment