Chris & I took the girls camping in a tent for the first time last weekend and we had a blast. The weather was perfect: warm and sunny during the day, and chilly enough for a sweatshirt at night. The girls explored while we set up the tent, and then happily joined for hot dogs and S'mores for dinner. Everyone slept well, and the girls weren't scared at all.
The next morning, the girls and Chris went for a walk and I heard Delilah shouting for help, and Chris's response sounded far away. Turns out, Chris had told the girls to stay put on a rock while he walked ahead just a bit to see if the path was clear. Noelle ignored his request to stay still, and slipped on the mossy rock, tumbling down about 4 feet into the shallow creek. There was no danger of drowning, but she did get soaked from heat to toe. She loved it: came up shivering and laughing, saying, "that was fun!"
After we warmed her up and changed her clothes, we packed up our site and headed for a hike in the Catskills. The hike was pretty steep in places and the girls were awesome about it. We hiked about an hour and a half to to get to the scenic overlook, had a snack there, then climbed back down. When we were almost done, Delilah looked at me and said, "I love when we do stuff like this, Mom."
We stopped at New Paltz on the way home for dinner and Chris & I fell in love with that adorable city. Don't be surprised if we end up there in a few years.
Such a fun getaway and I love how much our girls love being outside!!
Monday, August 31, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment