For awhile, it's been known in our family that each child's first visit to Broadway will be when she turns 9. I gave you a choice of shows, and you chose Wicked. What a fantastic choice.
On Friday, all four of us drove to Rye; Daddy & Noelle stayed at the Herz's, and you & I continued on to NYC via the train. We checked into our hotel, the Paramount, which you loved because it was so "fancy and posh." In the lobby, you kept saying, "thank you so much, Mommy. This is so nice. Thank you!!" We dropped off our bags, then headed out for dinner. I hadn't made reservations because I didn't think it would be that hard to find a place...I was wrong. I felt bad, but you spotted a Buffalo Wild Wings, and said, "Let's go there! I love Buffalo Wild Wings!" We had a fun dinner, and you got the biggest drink of your life. :)
It was finally time for Wicked. We had great seats, and you were mesmerized from the start. When it was over, you couldn't stop talking about it; I was thrilled your first Broadway experience was such a good one. In the morning, I ran down to the hotel's bakery and picked up some croissants...it was your first croissant and you immediately fell in love. I absolutely loved our overnight trip to the city...it couldn't have been more special.
We took the train back to Rye and met the Herz's for lunch and a playdate. Then we headed to the Beatty's to spend the night. Mrs. Beatty hadn't told Emma you were coming, and the screams and tears of excitement when y'all saw each other were one of my favorite parts of the weekend. A babysitter watched all the kids that night, while the adults went out to dinner. (For some reason, we forgot to take any pics with the Beattys...sorry about that!) In the morning, we headed back to Lenox.
I think it may have been the perfect birthday weekend for you. :)
We love you so very much, sweetie.
No comments:
Post a Comment