I love the Christmas season! Noelle and I dressed up to attend her ballet company's annual Nutcracker Tea, then a few weeks later we got to see her perform as a mouse in her first Nutcracker performance. No pictures allowed of her in her full costume, but I did get a pic of her in her white leotard and tights. For the tea, Noelle wore a hand-me-down dress of Avery's...Noelle had been dying for the perfect place to wear and the fancy tea fit the bill!
We also had Jennie and Alexa up from Manhattan. Here, the girls are getting ready to swim at Cranwell, and loving their spa robes.
What Christmas season is complete without homemade cookies and frosting? And you must be dressed for the part; even Baby and Bear are properly turned out.
Then it was time for the girls' annual hot chocolate/Christmas movie/pj's party. Delilah invited Maddie, Claire, and Akshara, while Noelle hosted Frances, Willow, and Gianna. The girls chose Elf and it was a delightful evening, as always.
Then I started a new tradition (not Christmas-related, it just happened to be that time of year). I've decided that every year, I am going to surprise each girl with a day off from school to do something fun. So on a random Monday morning, I told Noelle that she wasn't going to school that day and instead we went to Manhattan. Drove to Port Chester, then took the train into Grand Central. We had lunch at a yummy Italian place, then went to the Rockettes, stopping at the Rockefeller Christmas Tree along the way. After, we had cookies & coffee while reading books at Barnes & Noble, before taking the train home. A wonderful, wonderful day with my girl. Delilah's turn will be in the spring...I already have something planned.
We always do something festive with the Beatty's, and this year that meant a sleep-over at their house on Dec 22. The girls painted mermaid ornaments, crafted gingerbread homes, and had lots of fun as always.
And finally, the girls in their annual winter pj's from Grammy Di and Papa H!
No comments:
Post a Comment