The girls and I were getting nostalgic for our road trip last year, so we decided to have a quick getaway. My only criteria was that our beach house had to be right on the water. I found a cute little house in Wareham, MA, just outside of Cape Cod. We went from Monday to Thursday (Chris had a lot of work to catch up on and was sad to see us go, but also a little relieved by the thought that he would get some much needed quiet time). The night we got there was not fun...for some reason we were all cranky and I was ready to just leave and go back home. But we persevered, ordered some pizza, and all was well. The next two days were spent playing in the sand, building sand castles, searching for hermit crabs, and burying each other in the sand. We went out for ice cream every day. We also played mini-golf, watched Freaky Friday, ate lobster in Cape Cod, and on our last day, we went to a water park after we checked out of the house. It was super crowded so we didn't go on all the rides, but we still had a ton of fun.
It was a lovely few days. I love traveling with my girls!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment