Yesterday, the 3 of us were hanging out in the living room and Delilah saw the word bubbles. She immediately said, "Buh-bulls". There were no context clues or pictures of bubbles around to give her a hint. She just said the freaking word on her own. Chris and I decided it was a fluke and didn't get too excited. (Just kidding, we started laughing and clapping and got crazy excited). But I didn't think she'd be doing it again anytime soon.
Then, this morning, we were playing with some flip books and flip cards that she loves and when she came across the words 'dog', 'hi', and 'up' she read all of them...before she lifted the flap to see the picture!!!! Okay, okay, I actually would not call this reading. More like 'recognizing words', but STILL!!! The even crazier thing is, this was the first time I've ever even heard her SAY the words 'dog' and 'bubble', much less read them. She may not read any other words until she's 5...she may not even read these words again until she's 5. I don't care, it was fun when she did it yesterday and today. When she was born, I truly had no idea how wondrous it would be to watch her discover the world. It is magical.
So, for my record keeping purposes, here's a picture of the first words Delilah read:
And, lest anyone think we're getting too academic in the Huntley home, here's Red running around with a colander on her head:
(And, Chris, Happy Anniversary. I love you with all of my heart. Can you believe we made her??)
14 comments:
Happy Anniversary Rachael & Chris!!! I can't believe its been 7 years!! Lots of love to you both and to beautiful Miss Delilah!
xoxo, Franca
super cute post... happy anniversary!
YUP! I gotta say you and Chris have one amazing anniversary gift to share, package perfectly with a little orange colindar on her head!!
BTW, no more convincing necessary for me... Miss D is a GENIUS!
Happy Anniversary guys! And can't believe how big Delilah is getting! What an anniversary gift! xxx
You can't be Steve Martin and Rick Morranis, you have to choose.
I hope you at least got to eat a lot of really good steak for your Anniversary, I know how much you like that.
Kurt-
Did you think your daughter 'wouldn't be smart??? I mean...nuclear engineer--actress--biomed engineer!! I mean, come on!
okay - how did you swing that???? Are you guys doing those DVD's Teach Your Baby to Read? I have a friend who is doing that. I hope our kids can hang out soon. (I'm really hoping D-bear rubs off on them!) And I know I say this every post, but I can't get over the color of her beautiful hair!!!! Gorgeous!
Wow, I can believe Delilah is that smart, just look at her parents who were smart enough to get married 7 years ago.
Congratulations on all fronts!!!
love
MiMi
Happy anniversary! I knew Delilah would be smart....I mean, come on, she's my niece!! ha!
I am not surprised in the least. She does have genius parents. Love the colander pics! Happy Anniversary y'all!
happy belated anny, darling.
i love you so much.
Ok, so now that we know that she is a genius we just have to make sure she is one of those sociable genii (pulral for genius? clearly i am not one.) However, I am pretty sure the colander tells us we have nothing to worry about-- looks like the life of the party to me!
love y'all.
Happy Anniversary and congratulations on a delightful Lila!
Are you kidding me?! Awesome - though I agree w/ Riss, you can't be too surprised with her line of geniousness (I wonder if she knows that "word"). I got A some flash cards recently after watching a promo/commercial for "Baby Can Read" - it's truly amazing how quickly they catch on to things. Way to go Delilah - you are a star!
Post a Comment