Friday, August 7, 2009

A Jungle for Lila Bear

Now that Delilah is a toddler, she has become more adventurous than ever. Since we wanted to keep our living room as an adult oasis, Chris and I decided to turn the upstairs loft area into Delilah's playroom. We went with a jungle theme for our mischievous, climbing, intrepid daughter. She loves it!!!! And I love that she has a whole area to run and play in.

Before


AFTER!
Before AFTER!
(I put all the monkeys and vines up during Delilah's nap one day, and when she saw them for the first time, she FLIPPED out. She was so excited!)

Jungle table and chairs
(BTW, when I bought this set from Babies R Us, I needed help carrying it out. The stocker loaded it into my car, then said, "WAIT A MINUTE!" and ran back in the store. He came out carrying the rhino, tiger, and lion cutouts above. They had been part of the store display and were about to go in the trash. He said he thought Delilah would like them. How sweet is that?!?! :)
Cubbies for toys and alphabet flashcards on the wall Playing at her table. Doesn't she look like such a big kid?!?!?

She loves puzzles. (As a proud mama, I can't help but point out that she's putting the red circle in the correct slot) Helping Dad put up the canopy
Closeup of the canopy (Amazing what you can do with a hula hoop and some fabric)
Walking in and out of the canopy. She loves to play with all the fabric and can entertain herself for a LONG time this way
Thanks, Mom and Dad! I was wondering when I was going to get my own place!

11 comments:

Brynn and Cooper's Mom said...

That is so great, what an awesome play room. Delilah is getting cuter and cuter everyday.

runneth-over said...

What a lucky little girl! And what a great Mommy and Daddy! So many great memories will be made there!

ali said...

so fun! great vision...
xo
*ali b.

Grammy Di said...

Way-Cute! I can see Lila Bear Having a "Roar-in" Good time in this wonderfully decorated playroom. Well done!

Cannon said...

Wow- Chris is very creative and has quite the eye for interior decorating.......

Amy Clifton said...

So so cute! Delilah is getting so big! Greyson will have to come play sometime.

Meet the Browns said...

this is adorable! that table is just too much! and the puzzles...what a smart little girl!

The Deming Four said...

WOWZERS! YOu guys are so cute! I don't know what is cuter...Delilah at her work table or daddy's plaid pj bottoms! :)

Team Leslie said...

Wow, y'all are so talented and crafty! It looks great, and I know Delilah loves it!

Kele said...

Been out of the blogging world the last week or two, then I started needed a 'cute little red headed' fix and I knew right where to come!
Man, I hope Lila Bear will invite me over for a play date some time, that is the coolest play room EVER!!

Summer Athena said...

omg. this is the best thing ever.

god. she is a woman! lol.