My loot on Mother's Day
Card and magnet that Red made in school 


And here's my Mother's Day present for my mom. I know many of y'all read the post where I spoke about my mom who died nine years ago. But here's my secret: I've actually been blessed enough to have 2 moms. My dad married Cheryl over 20 years ago and she is truly my other mom. I love you, Cheryl!! Her present was a journal and a Chinese lantern full of slips of paper on which I wrote writing prompts like, "My favorite trip to the beach..." or "The day my son was born, I...". And whenever she feels like it, Cheryl can reach in, pull out a prompt and write a paragraph or a page or however much she wants. She has wonderful stories, loves to journal, and I love the idea of all the grandkids having her memories and wisdom to read whenever they want. (And Grammy Di...you'll have to wait for your present b/c you're on vacation!!!) :)
And I just had to include this pic of Delilah from an impromptu art project we did yesterday. I'll blog more about it later, but this picture just screams childhood joy. Seeing this face is one of the best parts of being a mom...thanks for giving me this day, Lila Bear.
And here's my Mother's Day present for my mom. I know many of y'all read the post where I spoke about my mom who died nine years ago. But here's my secret: I've actually been blessed enough to have 2 moms. My dad married Cheryl over 20 years ago and she is truly my other mom. I love you, Cheryl!! Her present was a journal and a Chinese lantern full of slips of paper on which I wrote writing prompts like, "My favorite trip to the beach..." or "The day my son was born, I...". And whenever she feels like it, Cheryl can reach in, pull out a prompt and write a paragraph or a page or however much she wants. She has wonderful stories, loves to journal, and I love the idea of all the grandkids having her memories and wisdom to read whenever they want. (And Grammy Di...you'll have to wait for your present b/c you're on vacation!!!) :)
And I just had to include this pic of Delilah from an impromptu art project we did yesterday. I'll blog more about it later, but this picture just screams childhood joy. Seeing this face is one of the best parts of being a mom...thanks for giving me this day, Lila Bear.
1 comment:
Happy Momma's Day Rach--glad it was a good one!
Post a Comment