Last week was Delilah's first ballet class and we were both SOOOOOO excited. I hadn't put her in class yet b/c I wanted it to be her decision. She started asking a month or so ago, so we signed her up at Ballet Academy East, which is about ten blocks away.
All morning I was so nervous and excited...I can't imagine what a wreck I'm going to be when these girls are old enough to have performances and/or competitions. I kept texting pics to Chris all morning and he asked who was more excited: me or Delilah. It was a tie. :)
Delilah loved putting on her outfit, especially the leg warmers. Here are some pics I took before we left.
 |
| In class |
 |
| After class in the dressing room. So happy! |
 |
| "Let me in!" |
 |
| "I want to dance, too!" |
The first thing Red said after class was, "When can I do ballet lessons again?!" I told her in a week and she asked why she couldn't go again right now (there was another class right after hers). I told her that she had just had her turn and now it was time for the other little girls to have a turn. Her response was a breathy, "They are soooo lucky, Mommy. I wish I was still dancing right now!"
What a sweetheart.
4 comments:
That is the sweetest little ballet outfit on perhaps the cutest little girl! Love!
Love this, I am so glad she had such a good time!!!
I love it! I love it! I love it! I'm yelping out loud it's so wonderful. I'm glad she loves to dance...
Be still my heart. She looks absolutely precious, and it is so obvious how in love with it all that she is. Perhaps she has found her passion! :)
Post a Comment