Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Franca's Visit

I met Franca when I lived in NYC for the first time, a million years ago. Actually, it was only about 12 years ago, but I was in my early twenties, unmarried, with no children, which feels like a million years ago.
Franca is Italian and Canadian and beautiful and fun and sweet and dozens of other adjectives. But on this visit, she was healing. She came down from Toronto and was the breath of fresh air that I didn't know I needed. Thank you, Franca, for reminding me about the unconditional love of friendship, and for reminding me that I don't have to make apologies for who I am. (That sounds vague...so, to my sweet daughters, if you would like details whenever you read this, just let me know).


I have been slow in uploading my blog posts. Even though this post is accurately dated, I am actually not finishing it until May 11. So it bears mentioning that Noelle has continually asked for Franca since she left. We went to the park one day during Franca's visit and had a blast. Now, every time I say we're going to the park, Noelle gets excited and smiles and says, "Park! Park with Franca?" Thank you again for making the trip down here, Franca. I'm so glad my girls now love you as much as I do.

1 comment:

Franca said...

Aww, Rachael. The pleasure and joy of getting to spend actual quality time with you and your girls after so long was more special than I can clearly convey as well! Your girls are just the sweetest, most generous and caring little girls and you are such a great mom to them! I have already made many a mental note for one day when I get to be a mom.

Thank you so much for your wonderful and generous hospitality in the midst of your busy life. There is nothing I enjoy more than catching up on some quality girly time!! AND, I even got to see Chris too which was such a bonus!

Here's hoping the next time isn't too far away!

Love ya lady!
Fra