Tuesday, March 18, 2014
PhD Update
It seems further academic study is not in the cards for me at this moment.
While crouching on a NYC sidewalk, waiting for a bus and blocking Noelle from the freezing wind, I checked my email and got my final PhD rejection letter. Rejection is never an easy pill to swallow, but it goes down a lot more smoothly when you look down and see that your 3 year old has fallen asleep in your arms. The street noise, chilly temps, and uncomfortable location were no match for Mommy's arms. Take that, you silly programs with your 2-3% acceptance rate.
I am disappointed, of course, but I am a little surprised by how relieved I also am. These past three years have been so enriching, but they have also been exhausting. I am very much looking forward to a break from the constant reading, studying, and writing.
I don't know right now if I will apply again. For now, I plan to just enjoy the extra free time that I will have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment