Saturday, April 19, 2014
Where to begin?!?!?!
I can't believe it, but we already have our next step planned out. I applied for, and was offered, a job as the Director of Christian Education for Rye Presbyterian Church. Rye is a picturesque little Norman Rockwell town of about 16,000 people. It is along the coast, about 45 minutes north of NYC and we will be moving there this summer.
I will be in charge of Sunday School programming, middle-school and high-school youth groups, and family ministry events. They have already made arrangements with the Hudson River Valley Presbytery so that when I become eligible for ordination, the position will shift and become an ordainable call...at that time I will become an Assistant Minister.
Applying and interviewing for this job has been an incredible experience. I can't explain it, but I knew the job was mine literally from the moment I emailed my resume and cover letter. When I interviewed at the church, everybody at the table seemed to know the job was mine. When the committee chair called me the next day to all-but-offer me the job (some congregational voting had to happen to make it official), she told me that the position has been open for a year and that when I left the interview, the committee agreed that it had taken a year because they were waiting for me. I was floored when she shared those words with me.
I have no idea why I am meant to take this position, but I do think God has big plans for both me and Rye Presbyterian Church. I am extremely nervous, but I can't wait to see how it all turns out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I knew the job was yours before your interview. They would have been crazy not to hire you. I can't wait to see what's in store for you.
I'm a little late to the blog post reading, but thrilled to hear this news! I can't wait to find out how things progress. Congrats! I'll email properly soon.
Post a Comment