Saturday, November 1, 2014
Happy Halloween and 1st Lost Tooth!
(note to my regular readers: the months of May through October are not lost. Every month has posts in varying stages of completion. I keep wanting to get caught up in order, but it's not happening. So I am going to start fresh and current, and then just keep doing the old ones as I have time. :) )
--It seems that every single friend of Delilah's has lost at least one tooth...most have lost several. The dentist told her she was right on track, but she's still been very antsy to reach that milestone. It finally happened this week! It was very loose Wednesday night, but it didn't seem quite ready to come out. Silly parents. We put the girls to bed and about 20 minutes later, Red came running down the stairs, squealing with joy, "It came out! My tooth came out! I lost my first tooth!!!!!" Happy girl, happy parents, and the tooth fairy came and left $1 under her pillow.
And if Noelle's birthday and Red's first lost tooth weren't enough excitement for one week, we had Halloween yesterday! It was a bit of a crazy day. Noelle is in two preschool classes (one morning and one afternoon), and each had a party and a parade that I went to. Delilah's elementary school also does a Halloween parade every year, at 1:45, followed by class parties with crafts and cupcakes. I was there for that, and Delilah was very happy Noelle wasn't with me. She and Noelle are best friends and adore each other, but lately Delilah has been really wanting alone time with Mommy. I knew she would love having me to herself, but it meant we had to leave the class party a few minutes early to pick up Noelle from pre-school. We literally left 5 minutes early, but you would have thought the world was ending by the way Delilah was sobbing about leaving her classmates. Then, what should have been a 4 minute drive to pick up Noelle turned into 20 minutes because there was an accident and everyone was being re-routed. So Noelle was the last one to be picked up, which has never happened (luckily, she loves her teachers and was quite content to have them to herself). We came home and relaxed for a bit before heading to Delilah's friend Liv's house. We ate dinner with Liv and her family and then spent a good hour or more trick-or-treating. Tons of fun and we were all exhausted.
Some pics from the day and night: Delilah was a witch and Noelle was Maleficent. I especially love the pic of tuckered-out Noelle being carried by Daddy. :)
Happy Halloween!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment