Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Daddy/Daughter Dance

Such a delightful weekend. Friday night, I went to a drag queen bingo night in Great Barrington with Megan and Elizabeth because Chris and the girls had big plans. It was their first daddy/daughter dance! It's held annually at the Lenox Community Center and pretty much all of Morris attends. Chris was so handsome in his suit; Noelle was all decked out as only she can be (necklace, fur, lip gloss, a hint of eyeshadow, headband, bracelet, and lots of sparkles); Delilah wanted to be comfortable but did wear a dress and some red lip gloss-I can't believe how grown up she's getting! Everyone looked fabulous and from what I heard, they had a fabulous time to match. Delilah danced with her friends for most of the evening, but did save some time for Daddy. Noelle, on the other hand, wouldn't leave Daddy's side. Her friends would come over, she'd say hi and give them hug, and then go back to Chris. So sweet!!!


Saturday morning brought a basketball game for Delilah, and it was a tie. Delilah started basketball this year and absolutely loves it. Even when she's not on the court, she is actively watching from the sidelines and asking her coach questions. We are waiting for it to warm up so we can pave our driveway and add a basketball hoop!
Saturday night we went to the Shire Breu-Hous in Dalton to celebrate Steve Ackerman's 49th bday. 5 couples, live music, beautiful venue, and fun bar games combined for a great evening.


Sunday was a Cinderella rehearsal for Delilah and a family movie night for us all. It was nice to have such a fun weekend because the last couple weekends have been difficult. Two weekends ago, I drove down to Manhattan to help Lauren and her boys move into their new apartment...glad I could be there to help them start this new chapter. And last weekend, I helped Meghan & Aaron deal with the aftermath after having their house burn down. They are doing as well as can be expected, but still in shock. Delilah and Noelle decided to use their allowance money to help buy new cat toys for M & A's three cats...so thoughtful.
And we will end with some pics taken recently from Dayna's slumber party and while building snowmen!





No comments: