Monday, March 5, 2018

More Winter Fun

We've had a few days that warmed us all up, but mostly it's still just a lot of snow and ice around here. We have decided that we can bemoan the fact that spring is still not here, or we can just embrace what we've been given. Embrace, it is! Off our back deck is a rectangle of solid ice, so Chris invited Noelle to go ice skating with him (Delilah wasn't home). They had lots of fun and Noelle kept giggling and saying, "This is crazy!"


 The girls have also been busy rehearsing for the local production of Cinderella. Delilah was the king's assistant who visits the maidens' homes to see if the glass slipper fits. Noelle was one of Cinderella's mice. The performances were during the February break and the girls did a wonderful job. I had been proud of them since the audition, when they had to get onstage and sing a cappella and read from the script. Delilah surprised me by being exceptionally nervous, but after spending a few minutes collecting herself, she was brave enough to audition. And Noelle was the only 1st grader brave enough to read from the script (the director didn't make the younger children read if they didn't want to). They each conquered their nerves and went on to have a wonderful time rehearsing and performing.


 This past weekend, we all went snow shoeing for the first time at the Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary. The wet snow was clinging to all the trees and it felt like we were in some sort of Narnia-like fairytale land. The next day, we were all supposed to go skiing, but Delilah woke up not feeling very well. So I took Noelle to Bousquet and we had the best time. She started off nervous, but by the end she was racing me (and winning!).
 Finally, this is just a fun shot to capture a memory. I was out running errands and when I came home, Chris asked me if I had gotten the newspaper. I was confused because we had already read the Sunday paper together earlier that morning. Then the girls came squealing in and thrust The Sister Times in my hands. They had created their own newspaper full of the weekend's adventures. They are so darling I don't even know how to handle it. Love!!!

No comments: