Tuesday, May 13, 2008

First Mother's Day!

I don't think my first Mother's Day could have been any more perfect. Chris's mom (Grammy Di) is still in town, so the day was made even more special b/c there were two moms in the house! It started off with Chris making a lovely brunch of mimosas and French toast w/ raspberries. Yum! Then Grammy Di and I got to open all our cards and presents.
Grammy Di gave me a photo keychain that holds 60 digital images...how perfect is that gift for a new mom?! We decided to put Lila in one of her dresses b/c it was Mother's Day and she's only been wearing onesies since she was born. How cute is she?!
A little later, I pumped and Chris fed Delilah her first bottle. It took a second for the pumpkin to figure out that she was able to now magically eat while someone other than Mom was holding her, but once she got it, she downed it!
And finally, here's what my lovely husband gave me for Mother's Day...a stunning 3 diamond pendant necklace!!!!
Chris explained that he picked diamonds b/c it's Delilah's birthstone, that he picked 3 stones to represent the 3 of us, and that he picked a necklace so that I would always have the 3 of us right next to my heart. So the present was not only gorgeous, but meaningful...how lucky can one girl be?!
A sweet, perfect baby girl and an unbelievably loving husband...my cup runneth over...

5 comments:

The Guidroz Family said...

I'm in love! She's so beautiful... and so is your necklace! I'm glad you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! Love you!

ali said...

Wowow! Your certainly did have a perfect first Mother's Day...

The Deming Four said...

He went to Jared!!!!!!
Lilah is beautiful - Happy Mother's Day!

Team Leslie said...

What a sweet sweet husband you have. And a beautiful daughter. ...and a most beautiful mommy you are! You are blessed for sure.

Summer Athena said...

So sweet, Rach! Lilah is definitely looking more and more alert these days. XO