Thursday, May 22, 2008

One Month Old!

Our little girl was one month old yesterday! To celebrate she decided to sleep through the night for the first time...hooray!!! (Side note: for all you non-parents, that means she slept about 5 or 6 hours...that now counts as "through the night"). I can't give her height/weight stats b/c we don't go back to the doctor until 2 months. I can give other updates, though: she can hold her head up for little bits of time...when she's on her tummy she can push up and turn her head to the other side before lowering herself back down...she can track objects that you wave in front of her...she can grasp objects for little bits of time...and my personal favorite--she's given me her first real smiles!!!! She also has many nicknames: Munchkin, Muncheechee, Peanut, Peanuttle, the Littlest of the Abumchuks (don't ask...), Buddha Bear, Lila Belle, Lila Bear, Squeakles, and Robyn Squeakles (for fans of the sitcom How I Met Your Mother, it's a spin-off of Robyn Sparkles). About the only thing we don't call her is Delilah. :)
Here are some more pics from her first month...

Asleep on Daddy's Chest--is there anything sweeter?!


One of my favorites...

Hanging out with Uncle Bryan (my brother)--she LOVES him!

Another 1 Month pic--this time with just her bloomers. Don't worry about her belly button-apparently she has a little hernia underneath but it's nothing to worry about.

Hanging out with Grammy Di (Chris's mom)

And we definitely should have given Grammy Di her own entry after her wonderful visit, but the time seemed to get away from me. She came down for about a week to help out and I can not say enough good things about my mother-in-law. She cooked, she cleaned, she changed diapers, she did everything. She even took the little one for an evening so that Chris and I could go on our first post-baby date. We love and miss you, Grammy Di, and can't wait for you to come back in June!!!!

7 comments:

Summer Athena said...

MY GOD! SO CUTE! Love it! Look at those long skinny legs!!!!!! She will be tall like Mommy!

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time!! She is a little cutie-pie!! I hope we get to see you guys next weekend:) Love you!!

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

I LOVE those feet!! Those big beautiful feet - with those skinny little legs!!! She is going to be a tall beautiful model...like her momma~

Oh, and I love her close up of her photo - BEAUTIFUL!

Team Leslie said...

She's beautiful. Enjoy every moment:)

The Deming Four said...

So beautiful! I like the nickname Lila Bear the best!

The Stovers said...

Oh my word that girl is cute!!! I love sleeping Daddy pictures as well. Lucky mommy on the sleeping through the night...you must be doing something right!

Brynn and Cooper's Mom said...

She is adorable. I just love all the pictures. I am so happy for you. Take care.