Thursday, March 19, 2009

Alone? Sort Of..

Just a couple quick thoughts that I want to remember down the road...
Yesterday, Chris left work early so that I could have some time alone. I pulled out of the driveway and tried to figure out why I had tears in my eyes--then I realized that I could literally count on one hand the number of times I've been alone for more than an hour since Delilah was born almost a year ago. I still don't know if the tears were happy or sad.
I went to the fabric store to buy some yarn for a gift I'm knitting; I went to Borders to have coffee and read a book for an hour or two; I went to the gym, worked out and sat in the steam room. I was gone for 4 hours and came home so very refreshed. I also realized that during my "alone time", I: bought a pattern at the fabric store to sew something for Delilah, bought a book at Borders for Lila, and looked into toddler programs at the gym for Lila. And it hit me for the first time that I will never really be alone again.
I'm okay with that.

7 comments:

Jana said...

It is hard to leave the little ones! I still find it very hard to leave Jayden behind for my alone time. We are leaving her overnight for the first time this weekend! Yikes! I love the fact that we will never ever be alone again now that we have our kiddos! :)

Karin Schueller said...

And those last few sentences just explain what a good Mama you are. :)

Karin Schueller said...

Racheal, just wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog. :) I actually went to school with Joie and Kurt (actually, i introduced them!) and found your cute blog through them when you posted pics of Avari. :) Just wanted you to know I'm not some creepy stalker, lol.

The Deming Four said...

yes, we are forever changed. But in a good way, don't you think?

Rachael and Chris said...

Of course in a good way, silly!

Team Leslie said...

What a great afternoon - and sweet words for your girl:) Oh, AND, amazing knitting you're doing!! I LOVE it!!

Amy Molander said...

I do the same thing! It's great to get away for a few hours, but I am constantly thinking about my kids and talking about them, even when I don't realize it. Delilah is lucky to have such an involved mommy!!