Saturday, March 7, 2009

Big Week!

I thought simultaneously taking care of a 7-week-old puppy and a 10-month-old baby was going to be enough excitement for this week, but I was definitely mistaken. First, on Sunday, Delilah said her first word and I have to admit that I was beyond thrilled that her first word was 'Mama'!!! She's said it forever, but never meant me when she said it...she was just making sounds or repeating me...now she says it when she wants me or when she sees me. Love it!
Then, yesterday, she took her first solo steps! What a big girl we have on our hands now. Which was another thing about this week...it really hit me that I don't have a baby anymore, but a little girl. That would probably make me a lot sadder than it does, if it weren't for the fact that she's just so fun to play with. Love you, Lila Bear!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Aughhhhh! Say it isn't so!!!! I mean, congrats, but sigh...they grow sooooo fast!

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

YIIPPPPEEEE!!! She's on the move!!! She has things to say!! YIPPPEEE!

Team Leslie said...

Awesome - write every word down, cause once they start they go crazy! Avery says "mama" (vs. mommy, etc) too - I love it!

Franca said...

aww...so exciting and sweet!!! I hope I get to meet her before she's tooo grown up!! xoxo

Cannon said...

Congrats on the first word and baby steps! Hopefully her next word will be "dadda" for Chris!! =) And even though she is mobile now, at least you have Runyan to clean up behind her now.....

ali said...

Yay! This is so exciting. She's gonna be chatting up a storm in no time...

The Deming Four said...

the boys just starting saying mama too - but i'm pretty sure they are just blabbering away. I can't wait until they know ME!!!!! How is like with the dog?

Meet the Browns said...

congratulations - on the word, the steps and the pup!! can't wait to hear more and more from miss delilah!

Grammy Di said...

Fabulous Week---Can't wait to see all her new tricks next month. Thanks for the updates. PaPa-H and Grammy Di