The Austin City Limits Music Festival is an experience like no other. 3 days of music, beer, food, and, this year, mud. My parents generously offered to watch Delilah while Chris and I pretended to be in college again. Our house was a revolving door of guests coming in and out for the fun; we had a blast!
--
Some highlights:
Best musical act: PEARL JAM!!!!
Best musical act that you weren't expecting: a tie between K'Naan (sort of a cross between Bob Marley and Dispatch) and Dead Weather (Jack White's 2nd or 3rd side project)
Best conversation overheard on a cell phone: "Hey, Jen, it's me...I forgot to check the schedule...am I working in the morning?...Dammit"
2nd best conversation overheard on a cell phone: "Hey, sweetie...we're headed back now...can you make sure the hose is outside?"
Number of shoes in our group sacrificed to the mud gods: 6
Best post-concert moment: Watching our friend Kurt walk out the door barefoot this morning to go buy shoes at Target before the drive home to Louisiana.
Friday, Before the Rain
Saturday and Sunday, after the rain:

Kings of Leon (they sounded INCREDIBLE live)
Dave...ahhh....Dave
K'Naan (the lead singer taught the crowd the words to a song, (When I get older, I will be stronger, They'll call me freedom, Just like a waving flag), and I think all of us in the crowd sang and repeated those lines with him about 25 times. Few things better than a crowd falling in love with a band while hearing the band for the first time)
Pearl Jam. THEY WERE AMAZING. Here's Eddie with surprise guest Ben Harper (Perry Ferrell also made an appearance!)
I'm exhausted, sore, and oh so happy.
8 comments:
omg! i am soooo jealous. i love the pic of the mud. um, i expect an invite next time, missy! LMAO! is it bad i am kinda not jokin? hahaha!
hahahahaa---why is it my husband is always quick to abandon shoes whenever he runs into trouble?
that sounds so fun! and i'm very jealous that you saw kings of leon...
Aw! This rocks! I so feel like I missed the boat this year :-(
In a word: JEALOUS! You have no idea!
Looks like a great time...I can't believe that mud pic! Amazing...Matthew would have LOVED IT!
Wow, just fantastic. Can't think of better acts, and all in one place! Great shots, too!
Did you guys happen to catch MFMK at the festival? I hear they put on a hell of a live show.
Post a Comment