Monday, October 12, 2009

Delilah and Greyson Meet

What a fun, busy weekend! Delilah and I headed up to Dallas on Thursday to hang out with two of my best friends from college, Jenny & Jessica. Our little girls are all around the same age, so the 6 of us had a great time hanging out, and we were lucky enough to have The Rissmillers pop over for a visit, too. Since Chris wasn't with me, Jenny's husband watched Delilah so that the moms could have a night out. We were all dancers in high school/college so we went out to dinner and then saw Fame. Had such a fantastic time getting to catch up with my girls!!! (And, of course, I forgot my camera, so there are no pics)
-
On Saturday, we drove home, and my brother and his wife and son drove up to visit. Cannon & Amy are UT football fans, so while they were at the game, I got to babysit Greyson!! Chris didn't get back until later that night, so it was just me with the toddler, the 2 month old, and the puppy. It was not as hard as I thought it would be, but I am grateful that dogs can be put outside, that babies aren't mobile, and that Delilah falls asleep the minute you put her in her crib. Greyson is an ANGEL baby...seriously, I think he cried for 20 seconds over the course of 6 hours.
-
Then, on Sunday, I went to a dear friend's baby shower (again, sans camera), came home, and went out with Chris for a date night. We had a great night out...you know, just one of those times when you feel yourself falling more in love with your husband even though you thought you already loved him as much as you could.
-
But enough talk!! Time for the pictures I DID take...
-
They're all of Delilah and Greyson while I was babysitting. It was the first time the cousins met, and I have to say they were pretty cute. (And in case you're wondering why Delilah doesn't have a shirt on in the pics...well, she took off her own shirt and didn't want it put back on. It wasn't a fight I felt like having)

Chillin' in his Boppy

My 3 charges for the evening


"Here, Greyson, I think you'd like this"


"No? Okay, I'll just set it right here in case you want it later" "Maybe you'd like this pacifier instead"
Delilah started saying body parts and pointing them out on Greyson
I was telling her to "Be Gentle" which is a phrase I usually use when she's playing with dogs. So she started petting him...

She decided to give him a kiss, so here she is going in. (Look at his little expectant face!)
And she lands a big, wet one!!! This pic cracks me up!!!
Thanks for playing with us, friends and family....it was a fantastic long weekend!!

4 comments:

Brynn and Cooper's Mom said...

Sounds like you had a great week. The pictures are great. A toddler and a baby are a lot of work, but it is fun!! Take care Huntley Family.

Grammy Di said...

Wow--Too Cute! and I thought Delilah had the bluest eyes-She and Greyson have a tie in the blue-eye contest. Way Darling cousins.

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Too cute, I love how Delilah pets him so gently!!! And, Greyson and Delilah have the same smile!

PS- this is one of these posts where I don't feel like I love my husband enough...I know..I know..midwest girl.

The Deming Four said...

oh that is too cute! Especially the head patting and the kisses!!!! I STILL cannot get over Delilah's beautiful hair color! I just can't believe it. I can't!!!!! She's a knock out.