Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Part 1



We've decided to start staying home for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, so this was our first Christmas as just a family of 3. Went to the 4:30 Christmas Eve kids' service and Delilah was in awe of all the lights and singing and children. We came home, opened the traditional Christmas Eve pajamas from Grammy Di, put Red to bed, then had our first experience with putting together toys in the middle of the night. It was actually kind of fun, but I don't understand why Santa doesn't deliver assembled toys. Doesn't he have elves for that sort of thing?

Delilah and Dada before church on Christmas Eve

I love my Christmas Angel (FYI: she does NOT like frilly dresses. She pulled at this one the whole time she was wearing it, and was so happy when we put her in her pjs.) Since Delilah can't take pictures yet, I'm inserting a quick out-of-sequence picture of Chris & I at his company's holiday party a couple weeks ago. We take so few pictures together these days!
My present!
Thanks for my pj's, Grammy Di!
Christmas morning. The art easel from Grammy Di and Papa H was a HUGE HIT!!!
And here's Red continuing a Huntley family tradition. Chris's grandmother made little mailbox ornaments, and every Christmas morning Chris & his sister would open them to find little tiny envelopes with folded cash inside. This year Chris's mom made one for Delilah and this is her pulling out her tiny envelope. Love it. :)

2 comments:

Kele said...

Precious! We made the decision last year to start staying home for Santa as well, so much fun!!
I am with Red, the less frill the better, altho she does look lovely in it!!

Team Leslie said...

I love her Christmas dress, and the picture of you & Chris...so pretty!