Friday, June 4, 2010

Homemade Fashion Fridays-For Jes

This post shows a little package I put together for my very dear friend, Jessica, who just had her second baby, a precious little boy.

Jes went through some SERIOUS complications during labor and delivery and everything was really scary for about a week. My doctor told me I was unable to travel (there was brief concern about my pregnancy...don't worry, baby & I are 100% fine), and I was so distraught that I couldn't be with Jes in Dallas. Since I felt frustrated and helpless, I started knitting. And praying. At the beginning of every even row, I would pray for Jes to heal fully, and at the beginning of every odd row, I would alternately pray for Jes's husband and two children. In the end, God was very good and Jes is now happy and healthy, at home with her precious family...and I had a nice-sized afghan to show for it. :) To round out the package, I sewed a dress for her 2 yr old, Claire, and a couple burp cloths to help clean up Finn! :)

Hope you enjoy, sweet Jes...love you!!!

3 comments:

ali k. said...

I'm so glad your friend is home and healthy. Sounds like your were with her in spirit the whole time!

Matthew and Jessica Green said...

Love the goodies sweet friend. The prayers behind them all mean so very much. The burpers have already seen ALOT of spit up:) Love you friend!

Kele said...

What an amazing friend you are! So pleased that your friend and her little guy are healthy!!