Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's My Party and I Can Cry if I Want To

This week has been a bittersweet one full of emotional goodbyes, reflections, disappointments, excitement, and everything in between. I wish I could write more, but to be honest I'm just too tired. So here are some pictures from the lovely going away party/baby shower that some dear friends threw for me. We have all been part of a play group for the last year and a half, and we have watched our babies grow into toddlers and then grow into little kids, while sharing tears, joys, troubles, and everything that moms should share. I will miss this weekly group SO MUCH and am a little nervous about not having such a circle when I get to Houston.
The party was lovely...and I definitely cried my share of tears. And Delilah ate her share of cupcakes. And graham crackers. And strawberries.
I could not find the charger for my camera, so these pics were all taken by Laura, whose house we were at. I promise that if I had been taking the pics, I wouldn't have focused so much on myself and Red!!! :)
Sweet Lisa & Franciell, with their children Avery & Drake
Helping Mama open presents

I will miss you and your sweet spirit so much, Lisa
"Look at my pile of graham crackers!!"
Reading books with her friend, Noah
Posing in a doll's pack & play. She saw Laura pick up the camera, plopped in, turned her head, and said, "Cheese!"

Goodbye, Austin. This is hurting more than I thought it would...

2 comments:

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Ugghhhh...its hurting ME too!!

ali k. said...

I wish you great adventures as you transition to Houston!
(And maybe I'll get to see you in October...) *a.