We are now officially Houstonians again. My emotions have been all over the place, but as we packed up our house on Tello Path, the reigning emotion was definitely nostalgia. All those firsts to say good bye to, and packing up Delilah's room was certainly the hardest. I don't know how one room can be filled with so many memories in less than 3 years. We packed her room while she was gone, so when she got home, I was very careful to try to prepare her. I let her know that her room was empty, but that we still had all her stuff and that moving to a new room was going to be a big fun adventure. When she walked in the door to her empty room, I expected many tears, or at least a confused look. But what did my precious daughter do?...
She twirled.
Crazy, giant twirls with arms spread out as far as they could go.
She took one look at all that open space and didn't see what was missing, she saw what was now possible.



She is so beautiful.
6 comments:
Miss you!
That is so beautiful!!! I love that you found such deep meaning in that. It takes beauty to see beauty. Love you.
I love that...I will have to remember that in the future:)
Atta girl!
Yes!
Oh the positive outlook of a child! LOVED seeing y'all today and hope to see more of our new (old) Houston friends again soon!
Post a Comment