Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Chris and I aren't much for celebrating V-day...we're kind of gooey, flower-buying, card-writing people all year round, so the holiday has always seemed a bit superfluous. But using the day as an excuse to dress up my girls in red & pink, and make cute, sparkly cards?...Sign me up!

Here's Delilah hard at work, making valentines for her classmates. I cut out construction paper hearts & wrote the words; she used a glue stick to add red & silver glitter.
I have to say I was a little disappointed that we were the only ones to hand make our valentines...I thought that was the point? But then again, I was the only parent half an hour late to the party b/c I had the start time wrong...we can't all be good at everything. :) (I add the smiley face to make it look like I don't care, but the truth is that when Red & I were walking into school and I saw some families walking out, I realized I must have gotten the time wrong and I wanted to cry b/c I felt so bad. Mommy guilt is the worst!!)
Side note: I was telling Delilah all day that we were going to a party later. I guess I never mentioned that the party was at school b/c when we pulled into the parking lot, she adamantly declared, "This not a party, Mommy. This is school!!!!!" Poor thing thought I was trying to trick her.

The kiddos all enjoyed the sugary treats.
As usual, Delilah stayed at the table long after everyone else got up to play

Miss Bertha.

Miss Tommie.
It was a beautiful day, so we played at the park after the party.
Delilah is a climbing machine.

"I did it!"
Running to play in the sand.
Grammy Di sent cute outfits for the girls, and I wanted to get a pic of them together. Since Delilah always wants to change into her princess dress or her p.j.'s the second we walk in the house, I had to throw lighting & setting to the wind and snap a pic wherever I could.
Noelle does not look like she trusts Red...but Red looks very proud! :)
And I threw in this last pic b/c of the color. When Noelle's pink curtains are closed during the day, the whole room glows with a beautiful rose color. I didn't alter the tint of this pic at all...just thought a pink picture of my littlest valentine was the perfect way to end.

5 comments:

Franca said...

so so sweet! Love that last pic! I just want to cozy up next to Noelle!! Happy Valentines Day Huntley Family!

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Awww..so sweet. I am not big on V-Day either, but I LOVE celebrating it with Avari!

Grammy Di said...

The pictures are great! Great job and what a darling picture of Noelle all bathed in a cozy Valentine Glow!!!! Love it!

ali k. said...

Homemade cards are the BEST! Woot.

runneth-over said...

LOVE love love all the pictures. There's something about the one of Red sitting at the table by herself that just makes want to hug her. I love her independence. Such a good Mommy, a little late or right on time. Love you.