Tuesday, March 15, 2011

February Recap, Part II: The Bighams!

Before we sold our house, we had received a couple comments that our house was beautiful, but that the handle and hardware for the front door looked incongruously shabby. So I decided on a whim to head up to Austin and replace it myself. I figured it wouldn't take long, so I called Laura to see if she & Makinley wanted some visitors for the next day. She said sure and we headed to Austin after a brief Home Depot stop.
We had a blast hanging out all day...watching the girls play, eating lunch, catching up, and laughing a lot. And around 4pm we headed over to my old house for what I thought would be a quick job...turns out replacing a door handle and deadbolt is a little more involved than one might think. :) But Laura entertained the girls, Noelle napped, and I stared at the schematics until they finally made sense. I also buried a St. Joseph statue in the yard, b/c so many people had been telling me that he would help sell my house. Within two weeks we had two offers (after 8 months of nothing), so I am now a firm believer in St. Joseph & new door handles!!!!
Laura's husband, Scott, was out of town so it was a girls' night. And since Laura will be adding her own 2nd baby girl to the mix in June, I look forward to many more girls' nights with the six of us!



P.S.-Funny story about bath time: I was downstairs feeding Noelle, M & Red were upstairs playing, and Laura was upstairs getting ready to give M a bath. I told Red that she didn't need a bath b/c she had showered with me that morning. Laura went to grab M's pjs & when she walked back into the bathroom, she found both girls completely naked waiting by the tub. :) Delilah was not going to miss out on any water fun!!!

1 comment:

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

They are sooo cute laying on the couch cuddling together!!!!