Thursday, March 10, 2011

February Recap, Part I

I am extremely behind on my blogging...finally selling your house and having an emergency appendectomy will do that.
So, yay! House is sold. Barring anything crazy happening, we close on March 25th and will be done...hooray!!
As for the appendectomy...woke up last Monday feeling sick & crampy, and by 10:30am it was so bad that I texted Chris and said he needed to come home. He drove me to the hospital my brother works at, & my brother was my anesthesiologist while his favorite general surgeon removed an appendix about 4 times the normal size. It was about an hour or two away from rupturing, which would have been a MUCH worse scenario, so everything went as well as possible. My parents were ANGELS and took the girls most of the week so I could rest & recover as much as possible. Chris was an excellent nurse & I'm now pretty much back to normal. Not exactly how I planned to spend last week, but that's just how things go sometimes!
So...getting back to February...
One of the best nights of the month was spent with my dear friend, Allison. I've talked about her on the blog before, and hopefully she will be reappearing much more often b/c she & her precious family are finally moving back to Texas this summer!!! She was in town to house hunt, visit friends, and escape the Minnesota weather (but all she did was bring it with her). We decided to be rebels and met for dinner on a night that the weathermen swore was going to bring the worst ice storm in years. Glad we did b/c it was a WONDERFUL reunion...we shared secrets and perfected our dreams as only the best of friends can do. We had dinner for three hours, closed the restaurant down, and still weren't close to being done. We also had a cryogenically frozen mix of Captain Crunch and cilantro for dessert, but that's a story for another time.
February also brought a visit from Jewel, Delilah's Austin baby sitter. She made the round trip in one day just to spend a few hours with Red. How fabulous is she?!?! We spent the afternoon at the park and Delilah was in heaven. We already have plans for another visit in April. We love and miss you, Miss Jewel!!!

And we'll end with a random Feb pic of the girls snuggling on the couch. Delilah woke up from her nap and wandered sleepily into the living room; as soon as she saw Noelle, she wanted to climb on the couch and snuggle with her. :)
That's it for now...Part II is on the way!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Great news! You sold the house? The new door handle must have had the buyers swooning! Yeah! What a relief...except that may mean fewer trips to Austin.

Taytamay said...

I assumed the lack of news was no news and business with two babies. Happy to hear you're OK! The girls look beautiful as always.

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Love the hair!!! Really, I do and I love Red's hair too!!!

Franca said...

Rachael, I'm so sorry to hear you've been having a tough go of it, but glad to hear things are getting better! I absolutely love the picture of Delilah and Noelle...very sweet! AND, I'm absolutely loving your hair!! You so rock short hair like I wish I could! Miss you tons!
Fra