The Little Red One turned 3 a few days ago, and although '3 year old' and 'angel' don't often go together, this post's title is not sarcastic at all. Delilah, you have your share of tantrums, but you really do have the biggest heart of any little kid I know. You are sweet and caring and seem to think of others in a way far beyond your years.
Here's a snapshot of you these days:
--wild hair, wild spirit, usually naked, covered in dirt
--a strong love of princesses, yet your favorite movies are about dragons and bats (except the princess movie Tangled...you could watch that on endless loop)
--a LOVE of puzzles and the game Memory. You often beat your dad & I at Memory, and we really are trying. We turn over the wrong card and you gently say, "No, Mommy, the match is over here"
--You don't sleep past 7am. Ever.
--Bedtime is around 7:30. You pick one new book every night, & after we read that book, we read Goodnight, Moon & One Sleepy Baby. Followed by prayer, songs, and lights out. You always ask for one more "kiss and a huuuuug" before we go, and we kiss you and say, "Goodnight, sweet dreams, see you in the morning when the sun comes up"
--You love Ariel because (as you say): "She has red hair like ME has red hair!!!"
--You are in LOVE with your sister and always refer to her by the run-on name 'Babynoelle'.
--If Babynoelle is sad, you will do anything to fix it. You go to her and say, "It's okay, Babynoelle, I'm here, and mommy's here". Then you try to give her your toys, or tell me she's hungry, or do whatever you can to make it better.
--You have always been a mommy's girl, but lately I see a little bit of a daddy's girl sneaking out. You love to dance with him.
--You love to dance and start twirling whenever music comes on. You have a special way of jumping that we call 'fairy leaps'.
--You still love Curious George and Dora (but Dora is slipping in status a little)
--You prefer to be naked or in a costume at all times. If those choices aren't viable, you put on p.j.'s. I don't know why we buy you clothes.
--You have an amazing sense of rhythm, but can't carry a tune to save your life.
--You know all your letters, your right from your left, and all sorts of things that no one remembers teaching you.
--When you get tired, you climb onto my lap and say, "I want to take a breather."
--Your favorite time of day is bathtime with Daddy.
--You are quirky, and different, and funny, and beautiful, and a free spirit. I call you my little woodland sprite b/c I feel like you would be happy living outside with nothing but a few sand toys and a bottle of bubbles.
Happy Birthday, Delilah, I don't know how your tiny body holds in such a big soul. We love you.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Tears! What a perfect snapshot of that sweet angel.
Great-picture of our darling Delilah-she is truly a gem. So sweet and intelligent. A truly loving big sis and beautiful granddaughter--Happy B-Day Lila Bear-PaPa-H and Grammy Di
Awwww...to sweet!! Shes such a great kid!!!
What a great post, Happy Birthday to Delilah.
PS. Brynn is also naked, princess dresses, or pj's. So funny!
Post a Comment