Wednesday, September 14, 2011

33 May Be My Lucky Number

Today is my 33rd birthday and I feel so blessed it's ridiculous.  I am beyond happy with my husband, my girls, my city, even the building I live in.  The mothers in this building have taken me in and we have formed such a special group.  We had drinks on the roof at 6:30pm today, and we all showed up: some with kids, some without, but all were there with wine to celebrate my special day. 
I also feel blessed in my personal journey.  I alluded to some news recently, and I am finally ready to share it.  I am currently attending New York Theological Seminary, in the process of obtaining my Masters' of Divinity.  I was hesitant to share because I had basically been accepted but they were still waiting on one letter of recommendation...I didn't want to jinx anything by announcing too soon.  But I have officially started class and I couldn't be more excited.  I will be honest:  I don't know exactly what God is calling me to do.  But I know that I have been called to seminary and that God will reveal more when He is good and ready.
I still miss my mom more than anything in the world.  But other than that, my life is full of more joy than I ever thought possible.  I hope I treat this joy with the respect it deserves, and that I am a conduit for joy in other people's lives.  I am grateful for the day I was born.

6 comments:

Franca said...

As am I!! I hope you had the bestest birthday and can't wait to hear more about all the adventures your future holds! Love you lots,
Franca

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! And I am very happy for the journey you are about to begin! Love you!

Laura said...

You definitely bring a whole lot of joy to my life! I am so blessed to have you as a friend. Hope your birthday was super-awesome!

ali k. said...

I am so happy to hear that this idea you shared with me several months ago has turned into reality. Congratulations! It makes me happy to hear that you are so happy. xoxo

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

enjoy your special day, you deserve it. I am glad that your mom put you on this earth 33 (24) years ago. I look forward to all your stories and adventures to come! Because you know I love them more that Saturday morning cartoons!

Darcie and Pat said...

Ah hon, what a lovely update to read! So glad to hear the Big Apple is treating you well, as are the ladies in your building. And so excited to hear you are on to a new and exciting journey! Love you lots and the world is a better place with you in it! Happy 33rd hon! xo