Our camera battery is completely dead and we need to buy a new one, so here is another verbal post.
These are some things that Delilah either says on a regular basis, or has said once and I want to record. :)
-Chris works at Mt. Sinai Hospital and Red always says that Daddy is at the "hostable".
-When she gets in trouble, she has to go to "thinking time." When she is protesting, she says, "I don't want to go to Finking Time!!!"
-Yesterday, she walked up to me with a face full of colored blotches. I asked her if she had been playing with her markers. She said, "No, Mommy. I was playing with YOUR markers." What? I don't have markers. Took me almost a full minute to realize that she had been in my makeup bag. :) So sad the camera was dead and I couldn't take a pic!
-About an hour after being put to bed recently, she wandered into the living room. I looked at her with what I thought was a withering glance and she just smiled and said in her adorable voice, "It's okay, Mommy. You like when I come out; I'm your buddy."
-She always wants to know if Noelle's diaper is full of 'poop' or 'peep'. I don't know why she adds the second 'p' to 'pee'.
-She knows that we take being scared very seriously, so she says she's scared any time she is trying to get out of something. "Oh, Mommy, I can't eat that vegetable. It's too scary!!!"
-Every morning when Chris leaves for work, she shuts the door behind him. Then she waits approximately 2 seconds before flinging open the door, chasing him down the hall, screaming, "Daddy! Wait for me!" He squats down and she runs head-on into his arms. As she runs back to me, she turns her head and tosses back, "Good-bye, Daddy! I LOVE you!!!" Then she looks at me, smiles her sweet smile, and says, "He loves it when I say that."
Yes, he does, Delilah; yes, he does.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh goodness! This post had me laughing out loud at the "adorableness" of it all!
Stop it! She is too precious for words. I love it.
Love that she was playing in your markers. And I have adopted "peep" after reading this. Brilliant...and really the way the language should work anyway!
Smart girl..truly, smart girl. I think I love her..YUP! I do!
Post a Comment