Monday, November 7, 2011

"Mimi & PopPop are Coming! Mimi & PopPop are Coming!!!!"

My parents came to visit two weeks ago, and the title of this post is all I heard for the 2 days before they got here.  It's all anyone heard for the 2 days before they got here; Delilah told EVERYONE we saw that Mimi & PopPop were on their way.  So cute!
They arrived Monday afternoon and stayed until Friday, when they headed out to Long Island for Cheryl's high school reunion.  We had a great time, except for a stomach bug that made it's way around the house. :(  Delilah was sick on Wednesday, then my dad & I were sick on Thursday.  Cheryl definitely won the MVP of the trip for taking care of all of us...a mother's work is never done!
The girls LOVED having Mimi and PopPop around.  They went to the park, to a childrens' museum, to restaurants, to the bookstore, and had a blast everywhere.  Every night, Delilah picked Mimi to put her to bed, and in the morning she would make pancakes with PopPop.  Tons of cuddles, tickles, books, games, hugs, and kisses.
There is not a huge variety of pictures b/c I have to admit it: I am terrible about taking pictures when people are visiting for longer than a few hours. When there's too much time, I just keep thinking, "I'll take pictures later", and before you know it, the vacation is over and I hardly picked up the camera. But here are the pics my parents took at the childrens' museum, and the few pics I snapped myself.


I think Delilah is explaining the finer points of Dora to Mimi

"That's me in the mirror and I am also right here!"


Sweet face


Fun action shot with PopPop.  I'm pretty sure Red is holding a PVC pipe, which is just about right if PopPop is around!

Mimi & Red in a firetruck

Sweet moment at lunch

The trio out on the town!

Red tickling Mimi!

Mimi reading to Delilah: a very common sight that week.

PopPop and his girls

So happy!!!

Our big girl
And there are no pictures, but I must talk about one of my favorite moments of their trip.  My parents went to see our friend Bobby on Broadway, and afterward I met them for drinks.  I can't remember the last time I hung out by myself with just my parents, and it was such a fun night.  We stayed up way too late, but it was such a joy to be out in the city with my parents.
Can't wait for another visit...we love you, Mimi & PopPop!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

What just happened? Literally in the course of a few pictures, Delilah changed into a big girl. I am just staring at that last picture. Seriously, floored...when did that happen?

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

I agree with Laura...Red looks so BIG! And of course, adorable!!!!