Oh my goodness, last night was so much fun. Actually, the whole day was great. Delilah was SOOOOOO excited about Halloween this year. The whole day, Delilah would yell a gleeful "Happy Halloween!" to anyone she came across. She also kept telling everyone she met about her costume choice: "I am going to be Ariel for Halloween, and my baby sister is going to be an Ellie Bug. I mean, a lady bug".
Around 5pm, I thought Delilah was going to explode from excitement about trick-or-treating, but we weren't meeting our friends in the lobby until 6pm. So I told her that when the clock on the TV said 5:55, we could go. She must have checked that clock a hundred times. When the clock said 5:50, she squealed and said, "Mommy! There are TWO fives; we almost have THREE FIVES!!!" And when the clock said 5:52, she got confused by the 2 and thought it was a 5, and started dragging Chris & I out the door. We weren't quite ready yet, and she started yelling, "We're MISSING HALLOWEEN!!!!"
We finally got out the door and met our friends in the lobby. And, for all those curious like I was, here's how you trick-or-treat in NYC: Everyone who wants to give out candy gives their apt. number to the doorman, then he makes a list that all the parents can get a copy of, and we go floor to floor knocking on the appropriate doors. Makes for a raucous, fun, boisterous occasion.
Enough chatting, here are the pics!
 |
| In adorable matching tutus for the day. Thanks, Grammy Di! |
 |
| Another present from Grammy Di: a witch hat in just the right size for Delilah |
 |
| The ladybug and I |
 |
| I LOVE MY GIRLS!!!! |
 |
| Proud Ariel |
 |
| "My first piece of candy!" |
 |
| Delilah yelling at the kids to "Come On! This way, guys!" |
 |
| Ellie Bug: "Hey, guys! Wait for me!" |
 |
| Happy Daddy. Happy Bug. |
 |
| The kids had to take a break mid-way through and examine their spoils |
 |
| Delilah and Alexa |
 |
| Final pic of the night: Delilah and Lyla were so tired they had to sit down in the elevator. :) |
Hope everyone had as much fun as the little red one did. I think Halloween is now officially her favorite holiday. Can't wait 'til next year!
3 comments:
Oh what fun! I love the indoor trick or treating. Perfect! The girls look oh-so-cute!
Love it. Love the bag, love the shoes, love it all!!!
Oh, what fun! I just love the excitement she demonstrated. Wonderful.
Post a Comment