Friday, December 30, 2011

Delilah-isms

Just a few cute and/or sweet and/or funny things that Delilah has said lately:

-While in the bath, she was covering Noelle with bubbles and those foam letters that stick to the bathtub walls (and stick to Ellie Bug, for that matter).  After doing this for about 5 minutes, she put one last heap of bubbles on Noelle's head and said, "There's the star!  I decorated Ellie Bug like a Christmas Tree!"

-A few days before Christmas, Red kept saying that 3 comes after 4, and I kept correcting her and saying that 3 comes before 4. Eventually she sighed and said, 'Just wait, Mommy. I will show you." The next morning she asked me how many nights until Christmas and I said '3'. She patiently said, "Yesterday we had 4 nights left and today we have 3. 3 comes after 4. I told you I would show you, Mommy".  :)  The best part was that she didn't have any attitude about it...she just seemed kind of sad that her poor Mommy didn't understand.

-She is constantly saying that she is going to marry me.  The first time she said it, I asked "What about Daddy?" and she replied, "He can marry Ellie Bug".   Problem solved.

-I sent her to "thinking time" last week and she stormed off, grumbling "I don't like you very much right now, Mommy".  5 seconds later she yelled, "But I still want to marry you!!!"

-Piano lessons with Daddy and the show Little Einsteins have officially affected Delilah's vocabulary:  when I asked her to be quiet for the millionth time she replied, "But, Mom, I love being FORTISSIMO!!!"

-Red is pretty convinced that her parents are slow.  If she has to repeat a request multiple times, she will finish with "I already TOLD you that.  I told you THREE TIMES!!"

-And we will end with my favorite story:  I always sing "Hey There, Delilah" to my little red one, and as I was singing it one morning she said, "Oh,Mommy, I love it when you sing that to me. Can you come here so I can just hug you while you sing it?" And she hugged me and kissed my face the whole I time I sang the song to her. Perfection.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh, I love that last little bit. And the decorating Noelle like a tree...pretty smart there, D!