Our first NYC Thanksgiving was so wonderfully perfect. We started off the day right with a trip to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!!!!! We loaded Noelle into the hiking backpack, took a cab down to 65th St. and walked across Central Park to the west side where the parade route runs. If you want to see everything at Herald Square, where the parade ends, you have to get up super early and stake out your spot. That didn't sound like a good idea at all with a 3 year old and a 1 year old, so we stayed at the north end and just watched the parade from the park. It was perfect! We could see everything and the crowds weren't bad at all. Chris & I were definitely more excited than the girls at the beginning, but as soon as Delilah saw her first enormous balloon, she was hooked. She sat on Daddy's shoulders and would scream out whatever balloon was coming next....Spiderman and Hello, Kitty were her absolute favorites. We met up with some friends, hung out a bit, then headed home. The girls were EXHAUSTED. Delilah rarely takes a nap these days, but she was asleep by 11:30am that day. :)
After the parade, our dear friends Summer and Adam came for Thanksgiving Dinner. I cooked the meal, and Summer was responsible for dessert. She is an amazing pastry chef and cooked a delicious "grapple" (grape & apple) pie with homemade pie crust. So fun getting to catch up with them...so glad that if we couldn't be with family, at least we could be with friends who are like family.
 |
| Walking through Central Park, kicking leaves |
 |
| Excited to get to the parade! |
 |
| Also excited to get to the parade :) |
 |
| Family shot |
 |
| Mommy's helper |
 |
| Snuggling with Miss Summer. Delilah LOVED her!!!! |
Wish we had a pic of Delilah looking at all the balloons, but my camera battery died as we were walking through the park. I do have one pic on my phone, but I'm waiting for a cable I ordered online to connect my phone to my computer.
It was such a lovely day, and I am so excited about spending more holidays in a city that becomes absolutely magical during this time of year. We have so much to be thankful for!!
3 comments:
Love your new header pic...I never knew you were a supermodel. Seriously...gorgeous! The pic of D helping baste the turkey is priceless. Love those jams!
NEXT year, its a date. Mark the calendars now!
Beautiful!
Post a Comment