Sunday, January 15, 2012

Children's Museum of the Arts

Saturday was so much fun!!!  We were getting restless, but it was freezing outside so we loaded up the kids and headed downtown to the Children's Museum of the Arts in the south village.  Took 45 minutes, a bus ride, and a subway ride, but so very worth it.  It's a hands-on museum dedicated to getting kids excited about art.  They even have a media room where kids can make 5 minute clay-mation movies...but you have to be 5 years old, so it will be about a year and a half before Delilah can officially become an auteur.
We knew Red would be in heaven, but it was so fantastic seeing how much fun Noelle had, too!



"Seriously, Mom & Dad?  It can't be that cold!" (It was)

All bundled up

At one of the museum's craft tables.  This was the very first time that Noelle has drawn with a marker instead of putting it in her mouth. :)


I am in LOVE with any image of our girls playing together


Noelle helping to clean up before the drum circle

Happily drumming with Daddy

Sisters working on a tile mosaic

Delilah bellying up to the 'clay bar'

Hard at work learning the fundamentals of architecture

Chris & I love this pic so much.  You know how some pics just capture the essence of a person...this is one of those pics


Noelle surprised us by playing with these blocks forever.  She's not very verbal but she is extremely dexterous


Sisters playing with flubber


When we finally left after several hours, Delilah was so sad.  She kept saying she didn't want to leave...which would be normal except she was still saying it hours later after we were already home...and she said it again this morning after breakfast.  "Mommy & Daddy, I didn't want to leave!! How many hours until I can go back?"
Soon, sweet girl, very soon.

2 comments:

ali k. said...

What an awesome place - I must remember it. And, I learned something - I did not know that flubber really exists. ;)

Grammy Di said...

Looks like the funnest day! Where did our baby Noelle go? She's getting way too big Way to quick. She's breaking my hearat