Sunday, January 8, 2012

Ice Skating!

Yesterday was unseasonably warm, so we decided to take Delilah ice skating for the first time. There is a rink a few blocks away at the north end of Central Park, so we figured Chris & Red would skate while Noelle & I played in the park. Delilah was so excited and kept saying, "I'm going to skate on ice! I'm going to skate on ice!"  I was just happy to get out of the house b/c Noelle has had a double eye infection and this was the first day we could escape our quarantine!

Walking to the ice skating rink

Flock of geese and a playground (in the background)

Still can't believe we live here

Delilah LOVED the geese and wanted to show them to Noelle

Playing at the playground

Our girls

Delilah trying new things with Daddy

"I can do it myself!"  So brave.

Cutie Pie
Oh, I'm sorry...you were expecting more ice in the ice skating pics?  Turns out that half of NYC was also inspired by the warm weather to go skating, and there was a huge line to get in the rink.   Delilah doesn't like crowds and Noelle doesn't like waiting, so...geese and playgrounds for us!  Such a fun day!

3 comments:

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

I love your girls! I have to say, based on what you did and what we did, it was truly a HAUSCHILD/HUNTLEY weekend. I'm glad we got to spend it together!!! :)

Laura said...

Who needs ice skating when you have Central Park to play in? It's the journey, not the destination, right?

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

And Skating is not allowed without Mr. Kurt... Just sayin....