On Saturday, Chris kept Noelle so that Delilah and I could go out by ourselves and have a special day together. It was an absolutely perfect day. The weather was beautiful and we had so much fun going all over the upper east side. Our first stop was Gymboree for a shopping spree subsidized by Grammy Di (thank you, Grammy Di). Delilah wanted to buy the whole store and was surprisingly into accessories for the first time. She was also on the lookout for Noelle and kept bringing me clothes that she thought her little sister would look especially cute in. Then we went for a hair cut (just Delilah, not me), where Red received her first blow-out...it was the first time I've seen her with straight hair! Then it was on to a pizza lunch followed by a stop at gourmet bakery for the perfect pink cupcake. The coup de grace came at the end: a stop at Capezio for Delilah's first pair of ballet shoes!!! She was so excited and did not want to leave the store. To top it off, we took a cab ride for the 7 blocks home b/c Delilah loves taxis so much. Chris said when we walked in he couldn't tell who was glowing more. And at prayers that night, Delilah said, "Dear God, thank you for mommy/daughter time. I love it".
So I titled this post "My Friend, Delilah" because I don't think I could have had a better time with a friend of my own age. She was my buddy and it brought back so many memories of similar days I spent with my own mom before she passed away. I love this little girl with all my heart.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
How perfect! All of it. Although her gorgeous hair makes me think she might just be a little girl instead of a sweet toddler...and that kind of makes me want to cry. But, I am so glad you had that special time together.
Wonderful! She and you are both so beautiful. I love you both. Glad you had your special day. Delilah looks over the moon with those ballet slippers. Thanks for sharing.
I love this post, what a perfect, perfect day!
Amazing how fast these girls are growing! I remember Delilah being born and now she's a little person, her mom's friend. God bless.
Wow! What a fabulous day, indeed. I now have tears streaming down my face, thankyouverymuch.
XXO to you, you special mommy...
Post a Comment