Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Reading Red
It's official. Delilah can read. She's been sounding out words forever, but today was something different. It was fluid. Today, for the first time, Delilah picked up a book she had never seen and read it all the way through by herself. It moved me so deeply. So this is a post of gratitude for being able to witness the moment that someone's life changed. I know how dramatic that sounds, but I can't help it. I think about all the classics she will get to read for the first time, and the as-yet-unwritten books that will shape her soul. Books have always been my treasure and when I think about the world that has just opened for sweet Red, it makes my heart sing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so proud of and excited for you, Delilah!!!
I know right, some day Twilight and 50 shades of gray! What classics....
Sorry, had to be done. I wonder what will be the first book to stick with her and make her see the world differently.
Post a Comment