Saturday, August 31, 2013

Summer Catch Up

And, finally, we end summer with all those pics and memories that didn't end up in a post of their own.

First, my Aunt Diane came to visit from Guatemala. Auntie Dee is a force of nature that deserves not only a whole post, but a whole blog dedicated to her. I am closer to her than any non-immediate family member and I adore her with my whole heart.  She lived in NYC for over 20 (30?) years, and I lived with her in SoHo my first year in NYC in my twenties. She is wild and crazy and lives life on her own terms. I was THRILLED that my girls got the chance to meet her. They loved her, too. The next several pics are ones that she took while we played at a park. I am broken-hearted that I didn't realize until it was too late that she wasn't in any of the pics.





 
 
And here are some shots from throughout the months:

Always headed to a playground with a sandbox

Delilah teaching Noelle how to play Candyland

Making cookies with friends Lyla and Keira

In her new Ariel nightgown from cousin Lauren. An instant favorite.

Learning to ride a tricycle! Delilah took this pic. :)

I just love this photo of them.

Summertime!

 Since Coney Island is the girls' favorite place in the whole world, we surprised them with a trip there one day. Didn't tell them where we were going, just got on the subway and headed out. Delilah's shriek upon seeing the boardwalk must have been heard for miles! The day looks gloomy in the pics, but it really wasn't. Warm and sunny and perfect. The girls loved sitting on the sand and having the waves knock them over. They LOVE the beach.

 
Nap on Dad!
 And some more general merriment!
They loved to play winter dress-up when it was 95 degrees outside

They made their own tea party while I was in the shower. :)

Delilah took this pic and I included it because this has been one of Noelle's favorite toys all summer
 The weekend before school started, we had one last picnic in Central Park with our good friends, the Blinds. Their daughter, Alexa, is about 8 months older than Noelle and everyone always thinks they are sisters.



 


Au revoir, Summer! You were so good to us this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

ali k. said...

Nap on dad is perfect.