Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Texas: Austin and Dallas

The second half of our Texas tour took us to Austin and Dallas. There are two non-family families that I make sure to include on all Texas trips when possible: The Bighams and The Duewalls. Austin brought us to the first of those families and we had such a wonderful time. The Bighams just finished building their new house and I was so excited to see it. It's beautiful and perfect and I loved getting to hang out with them there. The 4 girls picked up right where they left off, just like they always do. And for me, hanging out with Laura is like being home...love you, sweetheart. We were in the pool a ton (of course) and we also went to a bouncy house b/c I was a little water-logged at this point of our vacation.
Noelle also got her first pigtails at Laura's house






We all scream for ice cream!
After our glorious days in Austin, we headed to Dallas to stay with the Ernzens. The girls had been so excited all week to see Lauren and Taylor and they were not disappointed. Again, a ton of time in the pool and we also went to an awesome science museum where the girls could play with a ton of stuff. This part of the trip was the biggest break for me because Taylor and Lauren just took my girls upstairs and played with them for hours at a time. Loved getting to hang out with Ted and Kim...and we even got to have an adult night going to the Astros/Rangers baseball game. 'Stros lost but I had a blast anyway. :)






 
And the day before we headed back to NY, we hung out with the Duewalls. I was so excited to meet baby Cole who was born a few months ago. Noelle LOVED him. It was also our first time to see Runyon since moving away. Delilah was excited to see her, but not sad, which was perfect. I got a little sad. And I don't know if Runyon remembered us, but she did just sort of lay on me all day, so I'm thinking she was feeling connected in some way. We spent the day in, yep, the pool. It was over too fast, but so glad we got to spend that time together. We love the Duewalls!!!




Bye for now, Texas. We love you!

3 comments:

Laura said...

We miss you so much!

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

So sweet- such a good visit home.

ali k. said...

Catching up with besties is the best!