Time for our annual trip to Texas! Unfortunately, Chris could not get away from work this year, so I took the girls by myself: Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas over the course of 12 days. Was very worried about flying by myself with them, especially when I discovered that the plane only had 2 seats on either side of the aisle, which meant there was going to be an aisle separating me and one of the girls. But oh my goodness, did my girls prove my fears unfounded. They were ANGELS on the flight. Delilah made friends with the woman next to her and drew her a bunch of pictures. Noelle played quietly by herself and took an hour nap. By the time we got to Texas, I was in a much better mood than I expected! :)
 |
| Excited on the plane, and so proud to be sitting by herself. :) |
The girls were so excited to see Mimi & PopPop and all their VanDuzer cousins. The boys even made signs welcoming the girls...so cute! The Houston trip was pretty typical...lots of swimming and donuts! One morning we went to a nearby miniature amusement park and had a blast go-karting and bumper boating.
 |
| The girls' first video game...they LOVED it! |
 |
| Fun with Thibault and Van Duzer cousins |
 |
| Brenden was such a patient coach and pitcher! |
After a few days, we headed up to San Antonio to visit the rest of the Clifton clan. Stayed with Bryan & Marra and spent our time swimming, going to Sea World's water park, and just hanging out.
 |
| Avery put on this wig and declared that she was Delilah. :) |
 |
| Love my brothers!!! |
 |
| Noelle was in LOVE with baby Easton |
 |
| One of my favorite pics of the whole trip. Too cute!!! |
 |
| S'Mores! |
 |
| Little artists |
 |
| At the movies. |
 |
| Sun-kissed ice cream sandwich eaters. |
 |
| I think I took this at 3 in the afternoon. Very telling. :) |
We had such a wonderful time during this first half of the Texas trip. I must admit that I had been feeling a little frustrated with my side of the family during the past several months, but this trip reminded me how much we all love each other and how much fun we have together. My family is loud and fun and big and passionate...sometimes that brings drama, but it also brings a whole lot of awesome.
1 comment:
Looks like a blast!
Post a Comment