I can't believe we did it. Chris and I actually finished our masters' programs. A 3 year program for me; a one year program for him. People cavalierly say statements like, "I don't know how I did it," all the time about any number of things, and it's often an exaggeration. But I don't think any statement could more accurately convey how Chris and I feel about finishing graduate school.
I have no idea how we did it.
We crammed in reading assignments while taking the subway. We cranked out papers between putting the girls to bed at night and waking them up in the morning. We passed off the girls to each other at bus stops, high-fiving and exchanging a quick kiss.
I have no idea how we did it.
Here are some photos from my graduation day. I have no photos of Chris's day because there was a professional photographer and we were going to order photos from him. But we didn't. Because we forgot because our brains were mush from school.
Chris's graduation was lovely and the keynote speaker even singled out Chris for having such a fantastic graduation thesis project/paper.
My graduation was much more emotional because spending at least 2 nights a week for three years with the same people forms some pretty significant bonds. The ceremony was beautiful and I was even the surprised recipient of the Old Testament Scholar award. It was such an incredible and moving morning. When I started school, I had no idea how much NYTS would change my life.
 |
| One of my dearest friends from seminary, Adriane |
 |
| Steven, Ty'Ann, Warren |
 |
| Fellow grad Deb in the middle of our pastor, Chris, and his partner Kevin |
 |
| I love him so much |
 |
| So happy!! |
 |
| After graduation, about to have a celebratory lunch together |
Here's to the next chapter!
1 comment:
I am so proud of you and everything you have accomplished. You are amazing!
Post a Comment