Chris and I woke up on Friday at the start of a long weekend and as we walked downstairs, we started talking about how we were kind of disappointed in ourselves that we haven't done more around our house since we moved in. Then we realized that out of the 18 weekends we've lived in our new house, we have either been out of town or hosted guests for 16 of those weekends!!! We've loved every minute of it, but now instead of wondering why we haven't decorated more, I'm wondering when we've found time to unpack our clothes!!
So that set off a marathon weekend of making our house a home, with a special emphasis on our yard and the nursery. In three days we mowed and fertilized the front and back yards, pulled up all the weeds, dug out the two front planter boxes that were filled with dying plants, replanted said boxes with several bags of soil and 3 flats of flowers, laid down mulch over everything, primed and painted two dressers, installed new hardware on the dressers, sewed and hung curtains, sewed a throw pillow and baby blanket, painted and decorated letters to hang in Lila's room (and hung them), primed and painted a few corner shelves and installed them, washed all of her clothes and blankets, hung several framed pieces in her room, and set up all her books/stuffed animals/lamps/etc. around her room. I think we fell asleep around 9pm on Sunday...thoroughly exhausted, but very happy. I think it's a great way to spend Easter...celebrating God's bounty in nature and the miracle that he gave us that's growing inside me right now.
So here are a few pics. No real pictures of the nursery yet b/c of course I'm going to give that it's own entry!!! :) I will show the dressers we refinished for the nursery, though.
Here is one of the planter boxes after we finished
And here is the 2nd one
Close up of the daisies and petunias
A "before" of one of the dressers
And "after"--with giraffe for company :)
Both dressers--(sorry about the poor lighting)
And a close up of the cute new hardware.
Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!!!! Bye!
6 comments:
Wow, you guys are suffering from a serious case of "nesting." So, Jonathan and I were wondering if you could come "nest" over at our house. We have some painting and gardening that needs to get done. Everything looks great, and I can't wait to see the nursery!
-Melissa
Wow...that is alot for anyone to do, much less a prego mama! That is great that you got so much done and had time for yourselves to nest. The garden and dresser look awesome and I love that giraffe. I agree with Melissa that maybe you guys could come and nest with us at the new house! Neither of us are very handy=)
Love the productivity! You guys are awesome. Lilah is going to be quite the active little one, I promise.
I love getting bitten by the non-work-related productivity bug! Especially in relation to my home. Hooray - the yard looks fabulous and the dressers looks awesome...what a great face-lift. Can't wait to see that pretty pink nursery!
How beautiful! Now all you need is Delilah. What wonderful talents you both have and in only one weekend. I can't wait to comeand see all the changes and to meet and kiss on our newest little princess.
Grammy Di
Wow...thats a lot of work. I hope Kurt doesn't read your blog. If he sees how much work you can do while you are 8 months pregnant, he will expect me to do stuff like that now...hmmmmm....
Congrats on spending time in your own house, I know it feels AWESOME!!!!
Post a Comment