As of today, I am 38 weeks and two weeks away from Delilah's estimated due date of April 27th. My weekly checkups have shown that I'm definitely progressing...which is nice to know even if she decides to wait another few weeks to get here. Her heartbeat is good, fetal movement is great, my blood pressure is low, and I've gained 51 pounds. 51!!!! Definitely more than you're supposed to gain, but my doctor has not been even remotely concerned, so I'm not either. After all, that umbilical cord usually weighs around 40 pounds, right?
I have to say that, overall, I've rather enjoyed being pregnant. I know I entered the post several weeks ago about what I wasn't enjoying (and every word of it was true), but that was mostly to vent. I've definitely had a few bad days, but for the most part it's just been pretty incredible to have this experience. I am ready for pregnancy to be over...but not because I'm tired of being pregnant; I'm just really ready to meet our daughter.
On a related note, I noticed something interesting earlier in the week. Somebody on television was talking about "mothers" in some context, and I realized that somewhere along the way, when I hear the word "mother", I've started thinking of myself instead of my own mother. I don't know when the shift happened, but I think it's pretty cool. :)
12 comments:
51 pounds? You look way too skinny to have added 51 pounds. If I look half as good as you, I'll be happy!
Love,
melissa
I cannot believe it is just around the corner!! Time has FLOWN by!! Claire cannot wait to meet your little angel. Can't wait to hear when she gets here!! You look great...Hi Huntley:)
Kurt here:
That's a Roger Corman movie, isn't it? Attack of the 40 pound umblical?
I gained about 45 with Tyler and it comes off. You don't look like you've gained that much weight...the scale must be wrong :) (that's what I always hoped at least). Hang in there, we will anxiously wait for the news.
You look UNBELIZEABLE!!! I can't believe she's almost here!!!
You still look like a beauty queen with 51 pounds- jerk. :)
I totally don't believe 51 pounds. You carry it very well. You are such a lovely, glowing mommy-to-be! Such a pretty picture.
I agree with everyone - I would never guess you'd gained 51 pounds. Where'd it all go? You're so gorgeous...
And I am going to be in Texas on your due date. If she comes early, perhaps I could come see you all...but then, that could be rather overwhelming.
Can't wait!
Hi Rachel...
I was just clicking links from Natalie's blog and was very surprised when your picture popped up! The whole married name thing always throws me! I was thinking maybe this was one of Nat's bible study friends or something, then I was like "oh I KNOW her"!!!
You look great! Hope you enjoy the last few days/weeks of your pregnancy!
P.S.
Send me your email address and I'll add you to my blog (if you want!)
christmasvacation at gmail.com
Wow. You look great, and I am very happy for you.
I would've guessed more like 65-70 pounds. KIDDING.
Trying to be contrary because I can't believe how amazing you look.
Rachael!! Omg... I can't believe you're only 2 wks away...potentially! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see you again and meet Miss D! Love you lots! Good luck with the last few weeks and the big day!! ps. thanks for my bday card...so excited to get that in the mail...very thoughtful..Thankyou! Love you!
Post a Comment