Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

A light-hearted post to follow my somber one.

The Good:
-Today I fit into a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans for the first time. I've been able to button them before, but today they actually fit like they should. Hooray! (Granted, they're not my 'skinny' pre-preggo jeans, they're the ones I wore on my fat days...but still, pre-preg clothes are pre-preg clothes!!!)
-I finally get to buy new clothes for Delilah. B/c we received so many lovely clothes as gifts, I couldn't really buy any more without feeling wasteful. But now she's outgrown most of the clothes we received, so I actually HAVE to buy her clothes so that she has a decent amount. Yippee!
-I'm looking at beautiful flowers that Chris bought me the other day when he was picking up groceries. When asked why, he just shrugged and said, "Because you're awesome."

The Bad:
-Can't think of anything. Fantastic!

The Ugly:
-When I dropped Delilah off at daycare today, she started squirming in my arms and actually reached out to Miss Nora while I was holding her. Of course I'd rather her be excited to see her teacher than crying and clinging to me, but isn't there a middle ground? I'm putting this in the 'ugly' category b/c who doesn't like to see their child excited no matter what the circumstances? I must be a horrible person. :)

Thanks for reading and I promise the next post will have some pictures!

8 comments:

Summer Athena said...

Hush, my love! You are a wonderful mother. These are all normal feelings. ;) Very proud of you on the pre-prego jeans! and I am glad there is no bad!

Brynn and Cooper's Mom said...

Oh Goodness can I relate. Brynn can say babysitters name (Ms. Gina) now and she gets so excited to leave, and yes that makes me a little sad as well. :) Congrats on the pre prego jeans, isn't it a great feeling.

ali said...

Nothing replaces Mama...so you have nothing to worry about.

And you're not a horrible person ~ it sounds like a normal response to me!

Joie and Kurt Hauschild said...

Wooo-hoo!!! PRE-PREGGO JEANS! AWESOME!!!!! And FYI...the babysitter probably had candy and Delilah could smell it on her!! CHEATER!!!

TeamRiss said...

Yeah for pre-pregnancy jeans. You're so awesome.

Team Leslie said...

I love your honesty...one of the reasons you're so great. Definitely better that Delilah is happy to go, than you be worrying about her being upset all day....I guess:)

Kele said...

Always a good thing to 'get back in the jeans!' I remember all 3 times how wonderful that feeling was!! It is also pretty wonderful when your man thinks your awesome and shows you with flowers!!!
My Jett went to his mothers day out teacher the other day and didn't cry for me and I had the same mixed emotions... happy he loved her and hopin' he didn't love her more than me... LOL! I think that just means we're normal. ;-)
P.S. I'll be back for those pictures you promised!!!

The Deming Four said...

congrats on the jeans! I finally broken down and bought some cheap "fat" jeans at Old Navy. I couldn't take the maternity ones anymore. Maybe in another few months I'll be back in my old clothes again. They seem to be taunting me...am I going crazy? :)

don't feel like a horrible mother! I LOVE it when the boys want to be around me. I know in a few years they'll only be interested in Dad, so I'm soaking it up!

Post more pics!
Love,
Melissa