Monday, December 8, 2008
Delilah's New Hat
So...I've taken up knitting and here is my first effort...a hat for Delilah! Well, if I'm going to be completely honest, my first effort was actually 3 rows of a blanket. I stopped after 3 rows when I realized that I still had a couple hundred rows to go. It was then that I decided, "Baby items!...I will knit baby items b/c they are cute and small and fast." So here is Delilah's hat. I will not show the picture that came with the pattern b/c the hat I made looks nothing like the hat in that picture. But that's actually not what concerns me most. What concerns me most is the realization that I knit, I drink gin, and I play bridge...when did I turn 80? While I ponder that question, enjoy the pics below!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
jiaozi! What happened? I blinked and all the sudden Lilah is so big! She looks so cute sitting up! I can't wait to get to that stage with the boys -although I will gladly hold off on the crawling phase for a while.
Her hat is too cute - can I place an order for 2 more????? :)
Can't wait to meet her and give her a squeeze!
Love that hat! You will have to show me how to do that, all I can do is scarves. Oh, and you are the hottest 80 year old that I know.
I love the hat, I am still trying to finish Brynn's stocking. I am terrible at sewing. I hope you guys have a happy holiday.
I am amazed! I tried to learn how to knit while pregnant with Caleb, but I could never get the spacing right, so I quit. Now I just buy things that look homemade :-)
hi there delilah,
langston's mommy here - we are checking in on you too...just like your mom - when we check on avari we peek in on you. thanks for keeping up with me! you are getting so big - and i love your red hair!
oh, and the hat is a fantastic touch
babe, she is adorable! i love the hat! awww...what a beauty.
The hat is perfect with those gorgeous blue eyes of hers and how special, HER mommy made it!!
Look at it this way, you are one hot 80 year old, LOL!
I am cracking up at your drinking gin and playing bridge...it suits you:)
Love. The. Hat.
You rock and she rocks and you're both beautiful, gin drinking and bridge playing and all!
That's probably the coolest hat I've ever seen. LOVE IT! I think Cole and Tucker need some...
Amazing!!!! Avery has a few hats & sweaters from her great-grandmother and I LOVE them - so special. You're such a great mommy.
Post a Comment