Monday, January 12, 2009
First Day Home!
Today was my first official day as a stay-at-home-mom or SAHM, as I've learned we're called. Last week I was off work, but Delilah was still in daycare part-time so today was the big day. It's almost 4pm and we've eaten, played, read 2 books, had music time on the piano, and gone for a big walk outside. There's a playground nearby and the walk was supposed to culminate there, with me taking pictures of Delilah's first time on the swing. Alas, baby girl had other plans and fell asleep. So I followed her lead, reclined her stroller for her, and spent an hour reading in the park while she slept. It will always be this idyllic, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Fresh air knocks them out, everytime!! Enjoy the perfect first day, it sounds wonderful!!!!
I remember those days--I'm so glad you are having your time with our Lila-Bear. What a treat for her to have Mommy home.
sounds fantastic - she looks so much like daddy in this photo!
ps - did you ever think she would have red hair? where does it come from? isn't she a million times better than you could have ever imagined?! (that's how i feel bout langston - i couldn't have put together such an amazing little creature, even in my wildest dreams!)
so cute! I love her little dress - my niece has the same one! :) I am so glad you guys are having fun. we are extremely bummed that we didn't get together this weekend either! i'm so mad about it! I really hope we can drive up to Austin to see you guys soon! I have to squeeze that little Lilah!
Dude, at first I could not believe you would call yourself a sham, but then I realized it was my reading skills....
Remember this day in your heart and bring it back on that day when you are trying to figure out where exactly it's 5pm and who to toast....
Ah! What a sweet & memorable day!
Sounds heavenly!
What a great way to start off staying at home- she's so precious. Love it that you had a book with you...
How AWESOME!!
Congrats, hon!
Post a Comment